NGO stands for Non-Government Organization, working for the welfare of the community and society. Such organizations are generally created by a group of people working toward a social cause like eradication of poverty, unemployment, health care etc. According to the law of the country, a group of people generally creates these NGOs as a Non-profit organization. They can smoothly work for the betterment and welfare of society without any legal obstacles in their way. Working for the welfare of the community is the main aim of any NGO. To help support the cause without hurting your finances, you might want to consider playing some fun sports betting games via www.totalwrc.com.
How does Funding in NGOs works?
NGOs generally get their funds from Government organizations, various type of Foundations or Trusts and private companies or persons. Some NGOs, like Delhi-based NGO Sofia, help make women and girls self-dependent by providing them employment opportunities in various spheres of life. NGOs also help them by taking various steps to stop domestic violence against women and girls, gender discrimination.
Learn the Role of NGO in detail
In general terms, NGOs play a vital role in the social welfare of the community and individuals. Nowadays, there are various type of NGO’s which play an important role in educating and spreading awareness among the general public about their rights and duties toward the nation. NGOs are playing an important role in helping poor and needy people in India. At present, In India various types of NGO’s are working continuously to help people in distress.
Along with this, NGOs generally help provide financial and medical aid to the underprivileged people of the society to elevate their status in the society. There are different types of NGOs in society. They are working for different social causes like eradicating poverty and unemployment and providing education to the weaker section of the society.
What is the impact of NGOs on society?
- Generally, NGOs play a very important role in the social welfare and development of society. Here you will get an overview of important activities of an NGO in the social welfare of society.
- Generally, NGOs work for a social cause without seeking any profit or return from that social cause.
- NGO’s not only helping under-privileged people with food items and other types of materialistic items, but they also provide them financial help if needed.
- Generally, NGOs aim to work for the welfare of society and mankind.
- Since NGOs are Non-Profit making organizations, they are useful for the community’s welfare at a larger level.
- NGO’s can also help in spreading awareness about a specific pandemic like COVID-19 among the general public
- NGOs can also help create employment opportunities for economically lower-class people of the society.
- NGOs can also help economically lower-class people by arranging medical health care facilities, which can help them handle various health-related issues like malnutrition etc.
Thus, one can say that NGOs play a vital role in the welfare and social development of a society. Along with this, NGOs can also spread awareness among the general public about social and health-related issues.